I am slowly getting back into the blogging grove!
By the way, our house is SOLD! Well, unofficially. We will believe it when we see the money in the bank. So, technically, it’s pending. But regardless, we are very happy.
Now, to the grind! I am so happy that I have met so many people in the blogging community that are so supporting and are my cheerleaders. They unknowingly keep me going by being so uplifting and positive all the time. I am truly grateful for all of them!
This Award was created by bloggers for bloggers in order to give advice or an insight into another blogger’s life. It is really nice to read through and to see the history of someone’s blog and how it evolved.
A big thank you goes out to LP from The Newbury Girl for this nomination! She is a beauty blogger, a wellness advocate, experienced marketer, a sustainability advocate, a lover of chocolate, and a dog lover. Please check out her page and read her nomination blog. She is a wonderful person!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules (or guidelines is how I like to call it):
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces (or more in my case) of advice for new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers to whom you’d like to give this award to.
- Let each blogger know that you have nominated them and provide the link to the post.
How I started Glamour With Christine:
My blog has a relatively short history. But the first reason why I started it was because I really needed to have a space to talk about things that I love. At that time, I was staying home full time because I needed a mental break and needed to take care of myself. But I was wanting to occupy my time with something that I loved to do. The blog was born in October 2018. I didn’t know if someone would read it or not. I just wanted a place to get out what is in my head. I had no one around me who loved makeup, fashion, hair, and other beauty related things as much as I do. Therefore, I had no one who wanted to talk to about it. I could talk to my hunkie but after awhile he would do the man thing: give a nod and an “uh huh” with a glossed over blank stare. Much to my surprise, people are reading, liking, and commenting on my blogs! I never thought this would happen… especially not so soon.
My advice for new bloggers:
- I am also still new. But one thing that I’ve noticed by looking and reading other blogs is that you need to have passion for what you are writing. This also goes for anything that you do within your life. I learned that last year during my recoop time. For your work, you need to have a passion for it. Otherwise, you’ll get burned out. For your blog, if you don’t have a drive, your content will lack and you will have less views.
- For new bloggers, I would start off slow and get to know your platform. Play around with it and experiment. When you first start and as I did, you just want to jump in and blast out 20 blogs. But if I was smart, I should have slowed down. Now, I know what I want my page to look like and I have to go back and change alot of my past posts because I blasted out so many so quickly.
- Don’t set hard goals for yourself. My weekly goal used to be a minimum of 3 per week. But now, life has gotten busier with school 5 days per week and I’m happy if I get one out every 2 weeks. Things happen and it’s okay. Schedules change. But whatever you choose to do, whether 3/week or 1/month, make sure that you always stick to it. That way your followers know what to expect from you.
- Don’t feel bad or stressed by not being able to get your blogs out on time. I see so many bloggers holding so much guilt because their blog didn’t go out on time. Your true followers will understand. For the ones that unfollow you because of it, they were never a true follower. Don’t stress or worry.
- Don’t get discouraged. There will be posts that get no views, likes, or comments. If you wrote what was on your mind, that is alwready an accomplishment. Try not to focus much on the numbers when you start.
My nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Kat of Kate Days A Week
- Jessie of The Disoriental
- Cynthia of CYNSPO
- Vanessa of Vanessa Kay
- LP of The Newbury Girl
- Jordanne from Of A Glasgow Girl
- The Women of Hello Minder
- Leah of Living on Roots
- Sarah of Life It or Not
- Hannah of Hannah Mary
- Sydney of Her Unusual Journey
- Erica of Grand Flash Life
- Chloe of Chloe Chats
- Ell of Ell Duclos
- Molly Rose of Mind of Molly
I hope you enjoyed it! For my lovelies who I nominated: I know that most of you won’t write up a post about your nomination. But I know that when I get nominated for something, it makes me feel good and helps me to keep going. It gives me a boost! Hopefully, it did that for you! Keep doing it and keep loving what you do. It matters even though it seems like sometimes it doesn’t. People ARE listening (or maybe I should say reading).
Love ya guys!
Don’t forget to make a pin, if you enjoyed it and think others should know about it!