I absolutely love getting all fancied up for a special day, dinner, or event! I mean, I will spend quite some time in the mirror making sure it’s perfect. And it’s not because I am wearing alot. It’s because I love the process and seeing the result. The before and after. I take my time and really do it perfectly. I don’t rush.
Some of the makeup that is on Instagram or on other sources are absolutely beautiful. But I honestly can’t see myself wearing some of them.
All of these are absolutely beautiful and these ladies are very talented. But… I’m not wearing them anywhere. I mean, let’s be honest! Unless I was paid money, the reality is that I wouldn’t ever have these looks on.
But let me show you what I would wear! For holiday looks, especially Christmas and New Years, I love anything glitter so much. So much glitter that you look like the star at the top of the tree! Like a unicorn!!!
Hmm… the camera doesn’t really pick up the BAM glitter. But trust me, it’s there!
I wanted to make something with a red and gold for the holiday season. With this look, I used a red lipstick as a base on my lid and in my crease to make the color pop a little bit.
These are the products (besides the red lipstick -oops!) that I used:
- MUA Makeup Academy Professional Palet in “Freak Out”
- Urban Decay Moondust Palet in “Specter” and “Element”
- Essence All About Nudes Palet (no name for the color)
- I Heart Revolution Mermaid’s Heart Palet (no name for the color)
- Mary Kay Eyeshadow in “Espresso”
- I Heart Revolution Unicorn Lipstick in “Wildflower”
- Essence Silk Touch Blush in “Babydoll” (RIP – She fell and broke…. 😦 )
- Red lipstick goes on lid and crease.
- MUA’s “Freak Out” on the lid and crease.
- UD’s “Element” on the lid.
- Mermaid’s Heart’s no name color on your inner lid.
- Mary Kay’s “Espresso” in the crease.
- All About Nudes’s no name color to blend crease color.
- UD’s “Specter” on the inner corner and brow bone to highlight.
* I did not put on eye liner. But you absolutely can and I think a nice wing would be great with this. And why not add fake lashes?!
So, what types of looks do you prefer for the holidays? I tend to always lean towards glitter. I really like glitter and anything shiny. If I could be a unicorn, I would!
PS. Rest In Peace to the Essence Silk Touch Babydoll Blush. She was a good blush who never let me down. She was my most go-to blush ever. She always left me with peachy-pink touched cheeks and a nice glow. I will forever remember Babydoll. Go freely, Babydoll, to join the other blushes that died tragically from a fall. You will forever be missed.
I know… I’m a little crazy. But it makes life fun! 🙂